8.27.2009

Big breakthrough for Dex!

Last night in class, we had the teeter as part of our sequence. You may remember, last week I tried teeter w/him before class and he got scared, and then proceeded to shut down completely in the first station. Well... he ACED the teeter last night!! He did it great the first time, so I jackpotted, but at the same time was really thinking in my head "he must not have realized it was a teeter... NEXT time we'll see how it goes now that he knows..." well Dude just had to prove me wrong He did it perfectly two more times! I am so proud of him.

I think it might have helped that we are currently borrowing Neil's teeter at home, to get him on a different one than the one he learned on at our house, and he was definitely a little scared of it at first. But, he got to work through that fear in a comfortable location, so maybe now it makes all teeters less scary? who knows. All I know is I am *thrilled* with his progress and how everything is going right now.

Oh, wing jumps. That has been a problem for him, so Andy built some wings (thanks best husband ever!!) and of course he had no problem with them at home. But good practice. At class last night he was fine w/the few wings we had, and one wingless jump was set up next to a pole with probably a 12" diameter. He hesistated to take that jump the first time(because I was on the other sie of the pole), but the next time he was great!

Can't wait til October!!

No comments: