10.11.2010

off to nationals...

We're off after I get out of work today! I can't believe nationals are finally here. They seemed so long away then all the sudden - WHAM they're here.

Am I ready?

I think so. I am *not* going with the aspirations of winning anything at all. Panic is a great dog - but she is a great dog with the stride of a 17" tall dog with straight angulation - aka nowhere near as long a stride as a BC. So locally we do fine and often place well, but I know at nationals we will be SO far out of it.

My plan is to go, and run our hardest, push myself and her, and just have as much fun running fast as we possibly can. And I know we can accomplish that.

I do have hopes that my team will do well. I don't feel nervous about it, but I am excited. To make it to relay on Sunday we have to be in the top 36 teams. There are 203 teams entered, so that's top 17.7%. I think we definitely have a chance at that, and running in the finals would be beyond cool.

I may be able to post videos as the week goes - not sure. I am so looking forward to watching everyone's runs and visiting with people :) I'll update sometime this week!!

No comments: