12.27.2010

Christmas, Weight Loss, Upcoming trials!

I got this *awesome* caricature from my inlaws on Christas, thanks guys! And thanks to John LaFree for his great work! Also got Linda Mecklenburg's Developing Handling Skills from my mom. Started reading it and can't wait to start practicing!

I've been on a low-carb/lean eating diet for four weeks now. I did gain .4 last week due to some holiday "cheating", but am down 10.2 for the four weeks. I am thrilled! I still have 18.6 to go to my goal, which I'm not sure I can do by 3/5 like I want to (when we leave for Maui!), but I know I will still have some great progress. The best part is that I don't really feel like I'm dieting most of the time. Sure, it was obvious when I was trying to resist the oreo truffles my dad made on xmas eve (I did cave). But the rest of the time, it's been really easy. And I haven't been having food cravings which is awesome. I start jazzercise class on 1/3 which I'll be able to do for two months (thanks to Groupon!). I know jazzercise is cheesy, but I figure it will a) be great cardio and b) be good ankle rehab (ankle brace ON, thank you very much).

I realized this morning that BRAG's late August trial will be after the cutoff for qualifying for the 2011 Cynosport games. Darn. I am not planning on doing a whole lot of USDAA this year (or any venue really) since we are on a debt diet as well! So, it looks like my USDAA trials, within the qualifying period, will be:
BRAG in Jan - Starter/Adv + Steeplechase, so hopefully Panic will get a PSJ Q here
POAC in Feb - going up for one day to enter P3 std & PGP/PSJ.
BRAG in March - this will be while we're in Maui due to the trial moving to avoid L'ville AKC cluster. So, my mom will run her in PGP & PSJ.
CCDAC in May
BRAG in June (will have Team)
K9 Athletes in July (will have Team I assume)
BRAG all tourney July/August

So, I guess that's 6 chances at PSJ with me, and 5 chances at PGP with me, one more for each with my mom. Hopefully that's enough!

Counting down the days until the Jan USDAA trial, running Dex & Spry was such a blast at the most recent CPE one. Am crossing my fingers for maybe a standard leg out of each? That would finish Dude's AD!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

February must be the Countryside trial. I am DYING to go, as Emma loves running there, but afraid to enter and then have the weather turn on us and not be able to travel. Still thinking about it...

Lianne Martin said...

Kathy, yep @ countryside. I am a little worried bc we plan on driving up/back in the same day and yeah if weather sucks it could be a problem... and I thought it was a 3 hr drive, but nope it's 4 for us! (Wow how long is that for you, 6 or so?) Maybe I'll do Pawsitive Partners the Sunday before instead... it's where Panic got her ONE and ONLY GP Q last year . Only downside is Stpl is Sat, but I'm not really worried about those Qs, so I guess it'd be cheaper, plus only a 2 hr drive!

Lianne Martin said...

ok wrong again! paws partners is 3 hrs, but that's a lot better than 4 *and* driving up by the lake!