4.15.2011

Update

I know it's been eons, but I haven't been doing anything! We are going back to school for nursing which leaves me little time to train :( So that means Spry hasn't done a single thing agility wise since our Feb CPE trial. I did get down to the building on Wednesday to practice tires and other things since we have another BRAG CPE this weekend. We practiced one jump stuff and I also ran short sequences where I'd vary the tire height each time so she actually has to pay attention to how high it is. Seemed to help some, she was slightly hesitating before the tire which at least tells me she is thinking about it. Knowing her that slight hesitation will not last long, and hopefully the "thinking" part sticks around. I don't know if I ever posted it or not, but while we were in Maui, she crashed another tire at a USDAA trial where I had a friend running her :( That was probably 100% my bad - she is too excitable still and adding a new handler to her couldn't have helped. But she just has no common sense where pain is concerned!!

So this weekend we are doing CPE, in a few weekends USDAA up in Michigan. I entered her in Steeplechase - trying to Q her for nats (just for fun of course). If we can throw down a run where we manage to hold it all together I think she will Q no problem! She is getting better at not darting halfway across the course for tunnels so that will help :) That will be my goal for this weekend - be VERY clear about my cues and don't let her take tunnels that she picks out in courses where it doesn't matter (like jackpot & fullhouse). She will do what I tell her to do. And hopefully I will not break myself.

No comments: