9.17.2011

Daz's teeter

I took Daz down to the BRAG building the other night before my classes began to work her. There is a class going on out on the floor while I work with her off to the side. I like that she is learning to work with distractions and action going on near her. Okay, so once she DID decide to race out onto the floor and greet her Auntie Pam, who was teaching a class. She loves her friends. This was the class Lianne and Dexter were working in, so it was good focus practice for both Daz AND Dex. 


Daz LOVES the jungle gym teeter play! Even reached up to grab the end about 6" up, slammed it down so she could get on because she got impatient waiting for me while I was getting more cookies. She races back and forth on it now, with  good bit of drop going on. 


We also worked on a board flat on the ground to practice our RTO behavior. She doesn't do as well with the longer, thicker board as she does at home. When we go down next time (which now won't be till after my Vegas vacation) I need to remember to bring her board from home. Let her learn to do the familiar board in the new place, then introduce the new and different board. 


We also worked on walking at my side, not forging ahead and doing some turns as we walk. So far, very pleased with my little girlie in every way. Another conformation show tomorrow (Sunday) with a total of FIVE Podengos entered! Anyone iterated in results can check the Casa Do Sol blog

No comments: