6.25.2010

Spry the Wonderful

I know it's obnoxious how much I talk about how awesome she is. But she is just so FUN.

Last night before class, worked her some on AF and teeter. She overran her AF a few times so I got to give no reward and re-try with great success. Her teeter was better - actually used the "Scary" one - it groans & creaks somewhat. She still looked a little hesitant though. Also taught her the broad jump & tire quickly.

Worked on some DW with Panic too, who looked lovely.

During class, I ran Panic in the technical jumping station, and Spry in the longer, obstacle variety station. I was THRILLED with how well she did!! Held her start line, hit the weaves as obstacle #2, I was able to get ahead of her in the weaves to present a RTH position after the next jump so I could direct her in the correct end of the tunnel. Great contacts, and no worrying about the teeter when in the middle of the course! I was even able to do a FC while she held "feet", which I am not sure I have practiced at all, and certainly not much. And she did the broad jump in the sequence no prob. Didn't want to do the tire, but it was in a thin strip of sunlight so I didn't bother.

Spry is on a team for August 1 :) She is running with Fada & Trudy (aka cutest BC ever). It will be great bc no pressure to Q or anything and as long as I remember to handle her like a baby dog I think we'll be ok. She will have a blast - that much I know for sure!!

No comments: