4.10.2009

Splash n Dash Sunday

Ok here's my wrap up for Sunday:

M Snooker: I still needed only 1 leg for my Snooker Champion, and promised myself I would go for the conservative plan... but 3 of the 4 reds were right next to the 7 (jump -> 6 weaves)! So, I did 6-7-7-7. We ended up getting 3rd place and a superQ, along with our Snooker Champion title :) I was pleased with this run.

M Gamblers: The run went well, but the gamble was tough... I knew we weren't likely to get it. It was jump to a tunnel, and a 90 degree turn away from the handler at the end of a tunnel to a jump, then wrap the jump one way or the other, and do the last jump (which is what the dog sees coming out of the tunnel). We are really bad at gambles.

M Standard: Ok, I was nervous. We only needed 1 standard leg now for our MAD. But I tried to keep my cool and I thought I did a pretty good job. It was a very do-able course for us. But, we got a refusal on the 3rd jump (I didn't support her well enough after the chute). She also was running slowly. On the table, she didn't argue with me, but just stood there wagging her tail. Then she looked at her butt. Weird. I thought she had to poop so I left the ring, but seems she didn't have to go afterall.

Steeplechase Rd 2: She did very well!! I was very happy with this run, except I decided NOT to do a FC after the A-Frame (2nd to the last obstacle) and we ended up getting an off course.... BUMMER! She would have solidy had 3rd place if not for that. She is running well and fast again though!

M Jumpers: Again kind of pokey and not herself. I pulled her from the run half-way through.

When we got home, it was raining, but she wouldn't come in from the backyard because she was eating grass... fed them dinner and she promtly vomited. So I guess she wasn't feeling good at the end of the day.

Overall, even though we only got 4/9 Qs, I am pretty happy with the weekend. I'd like to see our Q rate closer to 75-80% but gamblers isn't going to help us out there at all... She is running very well though and contacts are coming along!

No comments: