4.07.2009

Splash n Dash trial wrap-up

Panic, Neat, and Fada competed at the Splash n Dash USDAA trial in Pittsburgh this past weekend.

Panic had a GREAT weekend. She kind of fizzled out at the end, but we got 4Qs out of 9 runs. She got her 10th snooker Q to finish her Snoooker Champion title, her 9th jumper Q, her 2nd standard Q, and her 7th Steeplechase Q. We are now just 1 standard leg short of our MAD :)

She and I are doing well together this year. I think our communication is better in tune - I have noticed that she is reading my deceleration especially well, which helps her to make some turns tighter than some of the BCs, which we really need to be able to do to make up for shorter legs!

Here's a rundown of each class and how it went:

Saturday

Masters Relay: We ran with mom and Neat. Panic took the second half (with the weave poles and DW). She missed her DW contact - I think because I was pulling to the weaves too early. The rest was good though. She even held a startline stay (I didn't ask her to hold it for long, but she did hold it until I releasd) after getting the baton from mom. Her and Neat didn't seem to buzz Panic too much - a first for us. Neat had a wrong course so we did E, but I thought the rest of her half was pretty good.


Masters Standard: I thought our down DW was really close, but we didn't get it called. I will have to review the tape and see what it looks like, but it was not my ideal performance. I think I was worried about it though bc of relay and might have slowed my stride or leaned in towards her. BAD MOM! Table was not bad for us! I think we may have only lost 4 seconds here. She was clean, and I think got 3rd place (maybe 4th). Yay Panic!

Steeplechase Round 1: Went well! She was fast, and clean. I did have one place I could have saved time though, there was a 90 degree turn after the AFrame to the WPs. I chose to do a FC, but did it too close to the AFrame so we had a mini collision into the poles. Didn't cause her to miss the entry but I'm sure added a bit of time. I was really happy though that even w/the FC her contact was nice! We made it to Rd2.

Masters Snooker: OOPS. Short run. 1-6a-6a WHISTLE. She broke her start line stay so I didn't get in the position I wanted. I wanted her to take the back side of 6a but instead she took it from the front, turned the wrong way, and back-jumped. I should have read her turn better and compensated for it.

Masters Jumpers: I felt like this was an awful run. Really wide turns and late cues. But we Qd with a 3rd or 4th place! So I guess everyone else must have had wide turns too :)

I will post about Sunday, and post the videos and pictures, later on.

No comments: