11.12.2009

2010 USDAA Nationals

Right now, the 2009 USDAA nationals are taking place in Scottsdale, AZ. I have heard this is a FANTASTIC place to have the trial at, especially now that it's gotten so huge. I attended nationals the 3 yrs they were in Cleveland (I think 97-99). It was still pretty small-ish then, with maybe 4 rings? Maybe 3? I don't remember. But there was other stuff going on, but not much. Now it's 6 rings of agility with Dock Dogs, Freestyle, Frisbee, Lure coursing, Flyball, etc etc etc also happening. So, it's gigantic! This means that they've had a really tough time finding somewhere else to hold nationals that would accomodate all that, plus tons of RV parking. So, it's been in Scottsdale for about 6 years. Unfortunately that makes it really tough for people out here and further east to get there.

I was going to go next year, where ever it was going to be held. Panic is hopefully going to be in her prime and I think it would be a blast.

Well, announcement made at the banquet... it's going to be in Philadelphia or Louisville!!!! Obviously L'ville is much closer for me, 3.5 hrs but Philly isn't bad at 7.5 either. Cannot wait!

No comments: