2.01.2010

Agility weekend, no running but some good progress!

We went up to Dexter, MI to vend at an AKC trial this past weekend. No one was entered, but we brought Dexter and Spry. It was going to be too cold to leave dogs in the car, and Panic really doesn't love the cold, so she got to stay with Fancy at Grandma & Grandpa Martin's.

Dexter seems to be completely over his fear of the building in Dexter. Well, 95% over it. I had him out alone for a bit during one of the Excellent classes and a bunch of barking started. He was startled, but soon got over it (yay!) and went back to doing tricks for me. He may one day be able to run there again!! Spry is also improving on her ability to walk past people and dogs without pulling me over to them. Her self control is improving. She's always understood the concept, and tried, really, *really*, hard, but it's so funny to watch her sit while someone walks by. She sits there, wagging her tail, so clearly wanting to jump ALL over them but you can tell she is thinking "must not jump, sitting gets me pets!" but then when they don't pet her, she is a little crushed! And sometimes the self control doesn't last long enough either. But she is improving, and tries so hard.

On Sunday, I had Dexter out of the crate and was walking him outside, and when I get back in, Mandy Moller yells out to me "Hey Lianne! Are you missing a dog?" I was puzzled. Then I notice Spry sitting in Rita Tyler's lap over by the score table!!! The crate her and Dex were in was one of those pop-up flimsy ones, and apparently she wasn't too happy when I left her in it, and I mus tnot have zipped it up all the way. At least she didn't run into the ring, because dogs were still running! She must have known Rita has a staffy though, and found her lap :)

Unfortunately, Panic tore her pads this weekend so I'm not sure we'll be able to practice our stopped DW this week! She's wrapped up now, so I might try to run her wrapped and see if she's ok with it or not.

No comments: