2.17.2010

The potty thing...

So housebreaking is tough when more snow falls in an hour than the pups are tall! I will admit, since they are so small (and have the "awww" factor going for them. and really, their poops and puddles are so little!)  I have been bad about starting to get them outdoors for the pottying. But now we are working on it. Not official housebreaking, as they still have the run of their pen, with paper most of the day, but it's a start.

Piper seems to get the hang of the outdoor thing. She has figured out that if she pee/poops outside she gets picked up and tucked inside my coat, while Drummer still has to make more laps of our shoveled paths in the yard. Drummer has yet to pee or poop outdoors I believe... Tonight, for the first time, I will put the door on their little crate when I bed them down for the night. We'll see if they feel the need to keep it clean. For now, I will crate them together, then start separating them so they are not quite as dependent on one another. Anyway, hopefully, if they "hold it" all night, they will both NEED to go when I take them out first thing in the morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah! Drummer peed outside!