2.22.2010

Back to *my* doggies :)


Spry likes this pic better than the one my mom posted.

So, vacation was *wonderful*. It was so nice to be able to wake up in the morning and go outside to sit in a chair on the lawn right over the ocean, and read, watch the sea turtles grazing on the rocks, look for whales, and just relax. Maui is such a beautiful place. I'm honestly not sure I can see myself vacationing (beach type vacation) anywhere else.

Sadly, reality hits and had to come back to Ohio... to TWO FEET of snow! It was crazy. We got out and back in on perfect days, and avoided travelling on any of the days we really got dumped on. Thank you SO MUCH Dad, for clearning our cars and shoveling the driveway and making paths for the dogs in the backyard.

Still now, even more than 2 weeks after the CPE trial, I am still floating on air over Dexter's improvements. I think this boost is what I really needed with him. He is entered at the upcoming WW CPE trial, also at the BRAG building, the USDAA trial at the BRAG building, and also a run a day at a Washingtonville CPE trial. So I'm hoping improvements indoors will continue, and then it will pretty much be outdoor USDAA season, so I am *hoping* my theory that he will do better outside proves correct.

Panic is entered at Penn-OH this weekend for Friday night and Saturday classes. We're getting two more shots at a gamble for our ADCH so I'm crossing my fingers! Also would LOVE to pick up a GP and get my 2nd Steeplechase Q. I entered Panic at the BRAG USDAA in all P1 classes, still at 22". I'm hoping running a trial with straightforward courses will help her in our quest to teach her it's OK to jump extended and leave out those baby strides!!

Can't wait for warm weather. Once it's nice outside I'll start Spry on jumping and weaving... I figure it'll be another two months until it's consistently nice enough outside, and she's about a year old now so I think she'll be ready by then.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Pods are cute and all but I'm glad to see Spry and Panic back in the limelight. Good luck this weekend at POAC!