2.05.2010

Panic's 2009 Stats

Ok so it looks like all the trials (except a few out of country ones) are entered for 2009 in USDAA's database, so the top 10 results should be pretty set.

Panic's results...

Gamblers: 12 TT points. Overall - T247. NC Region - T34. Overall All-Breed - 7. NC Region All-Breed - 1.
Jumpers: 26 TT points, 23 regionally. Overall - T99. NC Region - T18. Overall AB - 4. NC Region AB - 1
Snooker: 32 TT points, 27 regionally. Overall - T75. NC Region - 12. Overall AB - 4. NC Region AB - 1
Standard: 26 TT points, 21 regionally. Overall - T135. NC Region - T19 . Overall AB - 6. NC Region AB - 1
Tournament: 29 TT points. Overall - T229. NC Regioni - 29. Overall AB - 5. NC Region AB - 1.

Gamblers - 4 Qs for the year. 1st = 1, 2nd = 0, 3rd = 2, 4th = 2
Jumpers - 12 Qs for the year. 1st = 1, 2nd = 1, 3rd = 4, 4th = 2
Snooker - 12 Qs for the year, 5 SQs. 1st = 3, 2nd = 1, 3rd = 1, 4th = 2
Standard - 8 Qs for the year. 1st = 1, 2nd = 0, 3rd = 7, 4th = 0
Tournament
Steeplechase - 6 Qs for the year, 1 3rd place in 2nd round (we tend to always screw up... does THAT bode well for nationals????)
Grand Prix - 1 Q for the year, 2 3rds
DAM tourney - 7 Qs in the individual classes. 2nd = 3, 3rd = 1, 4th= 1

I don't know if there are any interesting "findings" from this data, but I like to have it anyway. I didn't enter very many GPs, maybe 3 so I'm ok with only 1 Q. But I'd better get my 2 this year!! So far my two attempts in the 2010 qualifying period have been NQs due to a DW contact - one of which I'm told shouldn't have been called :( Hopefully returning to 2rto will help there.

Overall I'm pretty proud of my mixie girl. In gamblers, we usually score pretty highly in the opening period and have one of the top 3 highest scores for opening points. of course that doesn't matter when we don't get the gamble! But I'm pleased with her quick obstacle performances, we haven't been fumbling in gamble openings (like I used to), and I've gotten pretty darn good at figuring out how much to plan and how to end up in a good spot. I think honestly once we get our ADCH we'll do pretty well in gamblers because I won't get so stinking nervous anymore.

In snooker, I want to start pushing myself harder. I usually come up with a plan that I know we can do pretty well. That obviously has worked well for us. However, for example at the BRAG January show - I planned for Saturday a course which was I think a 4 and 3 7s. It got us 1st a very big, competitive class. Which is *great*. But her score would NOT have been 1st in the 16 or 26" class. I could have pushed harder and done all 4 7s or the 6 and 3 7s. I need to stop saying "I know we can easily do this" and going with that plan, and start to really make myself work in snooker.

In standard, I am hoping to start placing higher than 3rd!! Haha it seems like every time we Q, there are always 2 BCs that place higher than us. Not always the same 2, but always two there! I've got to keep up our table practice, and work on our startline stay so I can get a leadout advantage. Our average YPS in 2009 was 3.875. I'm not sure what a good goal is for 2010. In '09 our best YPS was 4.4313 and our worst was 3.39. I'm thinking I'd like to avg 4.2 in 2010. I looked at some trials where we competed it and it looks like in a lot of courses the winning dog has 4.4-4.7YPS, so I'd be happy with an improvement to 4.2.

Jumpers is tough for us, we Q a lot but don't place well often. If we can improve her ability/confidence in using extension over jumps I hope to increase our frequency of placing in jumpers. Her avg YPS for jumpers in 2009 was 5.7, with a highest YPS of 6.199 and a lowest YPS of 4.67 (but that was with my mom running so maybe I should take that one out... changes our avg to 5.79 if I remove that run with a lowest overall YPS of 5.3417). I am hoping to bring it to 6 YPS in 2010. Her only times above 6yps in 2009 were at Pawsitive Partners (on astroturf).

With Tournament classes, I didn't enter a ton in 2009. I almost never entered GP, did DAM twice, and entered Steeple more frequently. I still won't do too much GP if I get my Qs in a timely fashion. I'm doing DAM at Canine Combustion in may, and probably wont' enter again this year if she Qs (it will get us set for nationals and get her Tournament Master). I like running Steeple so I enter it more often, but my goal this year is to actually do well in finals :)

Ok, clearly I'm working really hard at work today... signing off!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

They're not done entered Cyno data.