8.09.2010

p90x - day #2 and weekend

Friday, I called Andy again on my way home so he could get our workout ready. We did day #2 of the lean program - Cardio X. I was pleasantly surprised by my ability to do the whole thing! Each time I thought I was hitting a blocking point, they moved on to a new section. The yoga part was really hard - it always surprises me how much it is hard on my arms just keeping them up and extended for so long. Also doing the warrior poses I was finding the outer part of my ankles were hurting, so I probably need to do some ankle strengthening exercises. Sometimes when doing tight turns in agility I also notice my ankles feel a little weak. Any good suggestions?

The Kenpo section of the cardio workout was great! I felt like a limp noodle during the kicks (note to self - if attacked, a side kick will NOT be an effective mode of self defense, for now at least!) and I'm sure I looked ridiculous, but boy was the sweat streaming! The plyo section was also not as tough as I'd anticipated.

We had all intentions of continuing our workouts throughout the weekend. We were vending @ Flashpoint's CPE trial. However it ran pretty slowly and we weren't done until 6pm on Saturday and maybe 530 or so on Sunday... and it was pretty warm out there. We both felt drained and not at all like working out. I'm nearly certain if we had we would have psyched ourselves out for this program... Sunday especially was fairly miserable outside all day - high humidity meant near constant sweating. Not so pleasant. And realistically we are going to be gone almost every weekend, and probably not working out at the Red Roof Inn. So I think our "90 days" will take longer, but that's ok.

Today is day 3 - an hour of shoulders and arms, and 15 mins of ab ripper. Ab ripper scares me, but I can do it! I'm looking forward to shoulders and arms. Looks like lots of tricep exercises which I badly need, and usually enjoy :) I'll post tomorrow and let you know how it went!

No comments: