2.24.2011

Decisions, decisions...

So I'm trying to decide where to go with Panic's agility career from here. She is so much fun to run, and is having a blast in Performance. I have just decided to not try to qualify for GP for nats this year. Reason being, it stresses me out :) I will have fun running team & psj so why add the stress of trying to Q in GP? Plus if I want to run Spry for fun at nats, not entering GP is less $ and less $ during the year while I try to qualify.

Ok so that decision is made for sure.

We are going to CCDAC in May and they have I think all masters classes both days. So, I'm going to enter Panic in 3 classes a day. We do well in and have fun in Jumpers & Snooker. We do OK in standard, OK in relay, and suck at gambles. Not to say I don't have fun running them, but I enjoy Jumpers/Snooker more. So, my original plan was to enter her in P3 gamblers/std/relay both days as they are the legs I will have the hardest time getting for MPD(????), PDCH, and my LAA titles. But it's not as much fun :( I guess I have to determine if my goal is really LAA titles or just to have as much fun with her as possible.

Her DW contacts are still marginal, and honestly at this point I'm not sure how much energy I'm going to spend fixing them. I screwed her up pretty good :) She's going to be 6 this year - not about ready to go out to pasture or anything - but I just don't how much stress it's really worth.

Currently, between CH & Perf, we have 7 gambles, 26 jumpers, 23 snooker, 10 standard, 7 relay, 17 stp, 3 gp, and 20 misc legs (indiv dam qs). So to get LAA Bronze she needs 8 gambles, 5 standard legs, 8 relay & an additional 16 other legs which I don't anticipate those being a problem. Honestly only the gambles do I really think will be a problem. & relay will take a while because only one per trial usually. I never used to enter it bc I hate spending $ on half of a course!

I would *really* like a LAA title, I think it would be nice. I'm not one of those who pretends not to care about Qs or titles :) But, I'm afraid if I focus on pursuing the classes we're not as good at, we won't have as much fun in our career.

No comments: