2.07.2011

Weekend in Review

This weekend was CPE at the building. I ran Spry, my friend Dee ran Panic for me since I don't really do CPE with Panic, and Dee & Panic do great together.

Spry was 8/10 Qs!! I was thrilled. I truly expected her to be out of control, since she has not done any agility since the Jan USDAA trial, and has had very little exercise due to weather. However, her runs were overall very excellent! We still have to work on getting her to not fixate on tunnels! But her stays were good, all contacts were great, and she had some very nice moments!

Since we started trialing in August, it is amazing how far she's come. We are finally starting to come together as a team. I had a jumpers run with NO SPINS!! That is huge :) I did kind of bump her over the last jump but... It was a nice jumpers course for level 1/2, essentially no straight lines but gentle curves intsead.

I am really excited for next weekend. We are trialing @ Pawsitive Partners. She is in 2 runs a day, and I'm interested to see how she does at another building. Crossing my fingers she does well, and I really think she will. She also gets her first go at advanced snooker!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations - sounds like Spry is coming along very nicely :)

Don't work *too* hard on keeping her out of the tunnels.

Kathy said...

We'll see you at PP!

Lianne Martin said...

@Lisa - I posted her video (above this post) - she DOES need to not hone in on those tunnels quite like she does, but you're right, we still shoudl practice tunnels - esp RCs into tunnels :)

@Kathy - I'm excited, see you there!