1.14.2011

This weekend's trial + diet/weight loss update

Well I guess my body was ready to shed some more pounds! I had been going up & down between the same two pounds for a little bit. No more! This week, I added cycling on a stationary bike and have rode (is that grammatically correct?) it every day (ok that's only 3 days so far - Tues-Thurs - but I usually give up on exercise even sooner than that!).

Aaaand, somehow, between Monday and today, Friday morning, I have lost 4.1lbs! Brings my total now to 16.9 lost, and 58.68% to my goal! Only 11.9 more lbs to lose for goal #1 :)

Ok so tomorrow & Sun are the BRAG USDAA.

Goals.

Gamblers is first class. With each dog I have something specific I want to work on.

Spry - has gotten pushy on her contacts, so contact contact contact! She is usually extra crazy 1st class of the day, so this may be a challenge. Hopefully she is not visiting ring crew.
Panic - start line stay, and STOP on the f'ing dog walk lady!!!! Will aim to do a teeter 1st as she does stop well on these, and then a DW.
Dexter - weave poles! He KILLED the poles last time we practiced, it was amazing. But they still cause stress @ trials. So, if he weaves, he will get immediately rewarded by getting to do a tunnel! I have been doing this @ practice, and he seems to love it :)

For the rest of the weekend, goals are:
Spry - I would love to get a snooker leg as it will finish her title. But mostly not running out of control is our goal :)
Panic - start lines mostly! good DWs would be a plus. She has been running fast at practice, I'd like to see this continue (however at practice she is taking more off courses than usual!)
Dexter - confidence, NOT sniffing the damn doors like he likes to do here! I *must* remember he IS going to want to do this, and be PROactive rather than reactive about it.

Can't wait. I have so much fun running these pups, I sit at work the Friday before a trial just jumping out of my skin with excitement :)

No comments: