3.30.2010

Dexter's weekend trial!

Dexter was entered in a CPE trial (Wild Weavers) at the BRAG building this weekend. We were vending so I entered him in 2 classes a day. Saturday he ran Wildcard and Fullhouse. Fullhouse was up first. In this game, you pick your own course (like the opening to Gamblers). To qualify, you need a certain # of points plus you have to get at least 3 jumps, 2 round things, and 1 5 point obstacle (6 weaves, DW, and a double jump were the 5 point obstacles on this course). I ran a course with Dex that I was exceptionally pleased with!! He ran fairly fast and confidently, doing 6 poles first attempt, not hesitating on the DW, and staying with me! Unnnnfortunately, I forgot the rules and we only got in 1 round thing before time was up. So no Q but a fantastic run with a lot of points.

Second was wildcard. This was not as good. In this game, you run a short course, and at 3 points in the course you have to choose between an easier option (A) and a harder option (B). Dexter is in level 3, so we have to choose one A and two Bs. I started out with an A, and needed to choose B for the next two. The first B was a jump with a tight 90 degree turn to a U-shaped tunnel with the other entrance being if you turned wider. Well I FCd and Dex went behind me for the easier entrance. And from then on it was just ugly :) He stayed with me but I screwed up my handling. Oh well!

Sunday we ran Jackpot - the one class we have no legs in because of silly reasons here and there. Becky Dean was the judge and had a fun "Survivor" themed jackpot. There was a tougher "Immunity" challenge (gamble) you could try for during the opening period, or an easier "Reward" challenge you could go for during the closing period. I walked my course to try for Immunity because if that didn't work we could still try for Reward. The whole time we ran on this one, he was really looking for distractions. Like, I think he was keeping a map in his head and saying "Ok, so later on, if I really don't want to do whatever mom is saying, I know that ring stewards are located here, there, and there, and there is a big piece of fuzz over there.... all viable options!" So we had some wide turns and a few moments of staring around, but he kept coming back and working albeit a little more slowly than Saturday. However, he did the AF first attempt (yay!) and got the immunity challenge with no hesistation :) Yay Mr Dude!!! So finally, a Q in Jackpot for us.

Lastly was snooker, which Dex actually tends to do very well in for some reason (??? not sure why because of his wide turns etc). Anyway he ran it very nicely, did some baby dog things, but we did 7-6-3 and made it through the end and he did 2 AFs in this class.

CAN NOT WAIT for BRAG USDAA at the end of April. I think baby dog is now ready :)

No comments: