3.18.2010

First session w/Spry working on 2rto

Tuesday I got to work with miss Spry on some 2 RTO. Haven't done TOO much with this behavior, but I did teach it to her maybe last Nov in the context of a board on the ground. I knew she rememered it bc sometimes when we walk by a board she'll randomly offer it :)

So from working on it Tuesday, she is doing pretty well! She will stop at the end of the board in a lovely position, if she's not moving very quickly. If I add my motion (speeding her up) she either a) thinks she's supposed to run it (which I can't blame her since we have been working on that for a few months!) or b) she stops 4 on the floor. She does do the back up thing then and put her feet back on it. I think she'll get it, and for now we need LOTS of rewards for stopping the first time so I'm going to keep her speed slow. Knowing her I will NOT have a hard time bringing speed back in, and since we did work on those running DWs have to overcome that desire she's built up.

I need to get a board so I can work on it at home. I think a few minutes a day will make it easy!

No comments: