3.31.2010

Spry's Jumping session #8, contact session #7

Outdoors in our backyard.

Did contact board first. Nice job! Had it going off of our 4" table top. I am really happy with her speed and stopping. I think it's time to move it up in height some. I need to review the video and make sure I am doing run-bys... not sure if I am or not. Also probably need to practice me hanging back some. And interestingly, she is stopping with much more of her body on the board than when it was flat on the ground. I'm not too concerned with this, because she is going to do a running AF where the angle of the back is much more affected by stopping like this. Her back won't be too messed up I think by stopping like this on the DW. Opinions?

Next up, jumping. Got her up to 22". she was still ticking some at 20" but wanted to raise so she had to put more effort into it. I'm not sure she knocked any at 22". Interesting to note that this is harder for her than it was for Panic, even though Panic jumps 22" at 17" tall and Spry is 20" tall. However, Panic does weigh 12lbs less than Spry which certainly helps! Also, this session was too long and she got a little bored. KEEP THE SESSIONS SHORTER!!! Or break up with toy play.

No comments: