5.28.2010

Spry-belle update

We haven't gotten to work too much in the last few weeks. It was rainy last week and then we went to CPE nationals to vend, so I took about a wk and half off. On Tuesday, I got to do 2x2s again. She is now doing all 6 at 22"! Good girlie! Still nailing her entrances.

At the building last night, worked on a few things.

1) On the way down, decided to do 2rto on the AFrame intsead of running. She's got such a long stride and I'm worried about consistence on the Frame in competition. She also *really* gets that 2rto really means the feet are barely on, and so it shouldn't be too hard on her back. She has done full height a-frames before to get her used to going over them. So, I took her to the bottom and said "feet", and she assumed the position very nicely. Did that a few times and then just did the whole thing, she stopped beautifully! Did a few more reps with great success :) Looks like all my work on the DW has paid off!

2) Jump work. I've slacked a LOT on this because I got excited about WPs. Went back to standing next to the upright. Really worked to get her head DOWN as she lands. Did *excellent*!

3) Weave poles. She's never done them anywhere else other than the backyard, or with bases. She did SO well!! The bases threw her a bit and a few times she did weave a phantom pole before the 1st one, but she seemed to figure it out. Entries not as good (I think to be expected bc of the base sticking out). I only have access to 20" metal based poles at home so I might seek out some 22" or 24" to borrow.




Annnnd... I entered her first trial! Flashpoint USDAA in July. I entered her in Standard one day and Gamblers the next. I think a whole course of jumps could be a total mess :) But she's awesome on contacts and I think will be on WPs too. The trial closes June 23 so I can always change what she's entered in up until then. Can't wait to see how she does!

No comments: