5.05.2010

Spry's weave poles

I've decided to switch over to 2x2s. I'll be using the method as described by Mary Ellen Barry in her April '09 Clean Run article. I had been kind of doing the Joe Canova thing, but Spry was having a hard time because she could go slowly OK but the second she tried to speed up, she can't control her body and she can't stay in the channel. She doesn't really have a "medium" speed - just slow, and long strided and fast! So, my thought was giving the 4' distance between the 2 sets of 2 poles and decreasing that distance will help her learn how to control and bend her body better for weaving. Might help some with body bending for jumping too, we'll see!

So far it's going well - she can get the entrance from anywhere on the clock with 2 poles. I added the 2nd set and the first session she did very well - got her offering going straight through the 1st and 2nd sets, but then the next session she acted like it was weird, and would skip the first set and go on to the second. Got her successful though and I'm hoping some latent learning occurred overnight :) Find out this afternoon!

I haven't been doing much jumping - need to get back on that. I got excited by weave poles :) FOCUS!

No comments: