4.30.2010

Notes on DW from last night, other training

Spry is doing excellent on her 2rto dogwalk!! Last night she really sped up and learned to drive to the end. She is stopping with her paws ahead of her, not off to the side of the board, so I'm really happy! Now, I just have to learn to run faster! Doesn't matter much how fast she does the DW if it takes me 3 more seconds to catch up :) I need to practice being behind and doing a run-by. If I start and stay ahead, she stops, but haven't practiced passing her while she's stopped. Also need to start working FC at the bottom. It is 4 links higher than the lowest height... probably 3.5 ft or so? going to keep easing it up a few links at a time. Really don't want to mess this lovely behavior up! I did notice at least on the 1st one in the vid, she missed the up. I can't tell on the 2nd, haven't had a chance yet to slow it down and watch it on a bigger screen. But I'm not going to fuss too much - she drives ahead so well the LAST thing I want is her checking in with me right at the beginning and becoming uncertain.

Also worked on - tippy teeter - worked on one of BRAG's wooden ones, which creaks as it resets and it does scare her a little. Also worked on a metal noisy one, with a piece of padding under the downside so it still bangs but not as much yet. This one has chains which rattle when it hits. Took her by surprise at first but she in the end like it! So I'm going to keep working on that and then I'll use the 2 table method I think to teach her the teeter.

Also worked on jumping. Mom pointed out I'm looking for too much in terms of her collection - she is NOT panic and has a much bigger body. She is turning it, and doing well. I'm jumping her at 24" now, 22" seemed a little too easy and I was getting too much extension.

I ran Dexter as well, working on not being distracted! Had mom sit in a chair on the wall, he ran fine. Had her walk around, he did fine. Had her stand where we'd run by and he did get distracted once but then was OK. We'll get there!

No comments: