4.02.2010

training and class last night... ups and downs... more downs!

Well yesterday was warm, about 80. I think it's affected my dogs' brains!! Spry and Dexter were all "ehhhhh it's too hot!" which in Dexter manifests as being slow, and in Spry manifests as toooons of panting and getting herself too overwhelmed and worked up to work.

I practiced with Spry before class... what a mess! She was very, very distracted, and I had a hard time getting much good out of this session.

Dexter, in class, ran off to my mom each time we ran ("but she smells like Fada!!"). And was kind of pokey.

Panic was the opposite, kind of INSANE! I was jumping her at 16" to prep for AKC this weekend. She was *blasting* out of a chute full speed ahead and taking an off course jump with nary a glance my way, even with my body language and my *yelling* loudly her name, telling her TURN TURN TURN TURN.

There were a few ups though. Dexter - did the teeter and the AF great! good boy. Panic - great DW stops! Spry - ... well she's a happy dog!!!

Off to Dexter this weekend for Panic's 1st AKC trial. Should be interesting!

No comments: