4.23.2010

Spry's jump training, teeter intro

Last night worked on jumping w/Spry at the building. I realized why she's diving. I moved too quickly somewhere in the process... she is fine with straight back on the takeoff side, but only when I'm pretty close. if I move back a little more, she opens her stride up and extends over the jump. so, I need to work more gradually me moving further from the jump and me at different angles.

Also introduced the teeter last night - I am just sitting on the ground by the down side and holing the board slightly off of the ground, clicking for her jumping on/getting on the board. i wasn't going to ask for 1rto right now, just confidence on the board, but she gives me 1rto everytime anyway :) The first time I went to do this, I was sitting and getting the board ready, had it probably 12" off of the ground and she just jumps right up! Not afraid of the motion or bang. She *is* however afraid of the noise this particular teeter makes as it's resetting itself. It's a wooden teeter and kind of creaks/groans. She doesn't like it!

No comments: