4.13.2010

AKC weekend #2, and frustrated

Panic ran at CATC this past weekend, she did great! I was able to be there Friday to help w/vending, but didn't know I'd be able to have the day off so Panic was entered Sat/Sun only. We finished up our NA and NAJ on Saturday, and got our 1st OA and OAJ legs on Sunday. I was a little bummed out to have our first non-100, non-1st place run, but it was so totally my fault! In O JWW, there was a line from the tunnel which was tough if you stayed on the one side due to the amount of convergence followed by them having to diverge from you... and I thought we could do it all on one side instead of switching sides between two of the jumps. But I didn't show her the last jump well enough, and she did glance at it, but I was already moving away laterally so she came with me. Good girl. So we got a refusal, but fixed it smoothly and Qd with a 95. I was also not very happy with my handling on Open standard (vids below, btw). I wanted to FC before the chute, but she broke her stay so I waffled. I think I could have still made it, but instead I kind of stutter stepped to the chute, so she was very slow to start out. If I had just driven to the end of the chute I could have gotten a FC in before she came out and already been on my way to the teeter.

Even running on a turf she does not slip on, even at 16", she is *still* stutter stepping to collect at most jumps. It's most evient in our Sat JWW video. Can you helpful people please watch it and see if I'm cuing this somehow?

Look at this vid from April '09:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eUEGe72PZk&feature=youtube_gdata

Look at her GO! Wow, I didn't realize how much it had changed. I don't know what happend to slow her down and have her start collecting so much vs how she ran here.

I really need to re-read the end of DJS and work those exercises with her.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Have you ruled out physical problem?

Lianne Martin said...

Not specifically - as in having xrays and MRIs etc, but I don't see *any* indications of any physical problems. She has a really strong rear. When we throw tennis balls in the backyard, frequently it will accidentally get thrown into the pine tree in the corner. She stands up on her hind feet and can practically circle the whole tree that way searching for the ball. Also, when I put ground bars down before the jumps, she can extend lovely.

So it seems unlikely it's a problem in her rear, but I'm sure it's possible! I guess I don't know what physical things I should have checked out? Eyes I guess? Hips? We go to the chiro every now and again and usually needs a tiny adjustment but nothing major. She did break her toe Sept '08 and we rested until Jan when the vet said she was good to go (front left foot) - this was probably our 3rd trial coming back so maybe she was just more excited too... I need to go back and find videos from before she broke her toe and see what she looks like then.