5.06.2010

Spry's 2x2s day #3, considering entering her at a trial...

Working 2 sets of 2, got them moved a little closer together. Probably 44" or so now instead of 48". Figured out why she was skipping the first set and moving onto the second, I'm being quiet until the does the 2nd set and then tell her good girl, so she thinks the 2nd set is what she's getting rewarded for, so why do the 1st at all? If I tell her good girl the whole time it doesn't stop her, or I can just say "go go go" and it encourages her to keep working. So now she knows to do both. Also got her speed up a little more.

I don't know if I should be encouraging her to speed up at this step? Or just waiting until she's got the concept down more... but it seems to me she needs the speed with the two sets spaced further apart so she can learn to keep up that speed and control her body as they get closer together. If I wait until the two sets are right next to eachother and then ask her to explode with speed I'm afraid she'll just bust right outta the poles. Probably won't get to work poles tonight, and I won't get to tomorrow, Sat, or Sun. Hopefully we don't lose ground between now and Monday.

So the early bird for Flashpoint is June 1st. That means I have to decide soon whether or not to enter Spry!! I think she'll def be ready for jumpers, her DW is coming along so well I think she'll be able to do that, haven't really even started training her AF so who knows, and her teeter I'm going to start with the whole plank tonight, so we'll see. I'm thinking I'll probably enter in jumpers and maybe gamblers or snooker. Good news is I can pull her entry up til June 23 so that's a lot longer to figure out what she can do :)

No comments: