1.04.2010

Dexter trial wrap up - Wild Weavers Puli club 1/2-3/10

Well, I entered Dex in standard and JWW again at this trial. He's been doing so well on teeters and Weave Poles at practice! But, I never knew I should have been practicing with people bouncing basketballs around us :) Oh well! I was still very happy with him this weekend. No Qs, but he ran like a happy dog. He did get stressed out at several points by the basketball playing, but once we moved on would perk right back up and actually speed up quite a bit too! No shutting down here!

Unfortunately, he still feigned distraction right by the teeter and WPs at this trial. He can be running fine, then it's like 'oh my - but the basketballs! and ummm... this smells so good!'. Silly man. Also when the videographer (my dad) smells like your girlfriend (fada) who you haven't seen in like 3 months, it's pretty hard to resist running to him to sniff his pants incessantly, until the judge has to whistle you off course! I'm just glad he didn't pee on my dad or hump his leg. It looked like either was possible.

So he was happy to run this weekend, as long as it was not any of the obstacles he found to be stressful and worrisome. This weekend that was teeter, weaves, and A-Frame. Frame, who knows why, it *was* close to the side of the ring (basketballs) both runs so that is a probable cause.

Things to celebrate:
My happy bouncy dog
Good table performances
Never ran out of the ring (at this point I am willing to totally forget the fiasco that was the Dexter, MI trial and think this is NOT a typical problem for my little boy)
Did the chute on Sunday with no problem (something I was starting to worry might be a problem obstacle)
Had better WPs on Sunday than Saturday
Did the DW on Saturday, and did it FIRST ATTEMPT on Sunday! Woohoo!!

Will post vids later this week.

No comments: