1.18.2010

Long weekend!

My club's agility trial was this past weekend. It was one of our largest ever, and I am the trial secretary, so last week was really hectic, with two litters of pups getting more and more active and getting all the trial paperwork ready. Saturday I was at the trial about 14 hours, and about 12 Sunday. Having spent so much time away from all of my babies, I couldn't believe the difference in them each evening!

I really need to get video and pics up. Three friends who are getting BC babies came over after the trial on Saturday night to visit with them, and I had thought of getting our 3 weeks "stacked" photos then, but we were all so tired, just playing with puppies was the better option.

While the Border Collies are really becoming little dogs now, the Drummer and Piper have also really changed a lot in the last several days! They are walking much steadier now and are now able to maneuver their little selves around on the newspaper as well. Drummer is definitely going to the papers to pee. Piper is waking up and walking away from where she was napping, but not quite to the paper yet. Poor Fada is so intent on taking care of them that she doesn't like them peeing on their own, apparently. And I have yet to see a poop in their pen, though I WAS away for two days. Hadn't thought to ask my husband (saint that he is, he did the whole weekend of puppy duty for me!) if he saw any over the weekend. And he would probably just look at me like I'm weird anyway, asking about puppy poop. 

Drummer and Piper are interacting with one another more, and Piper seems fascinated by Fada's ears. She lays and plays with them. It's really cute, and Fada is SO tolerant! Last week Drummer was up and moviing, but seemed to have a little bit of diconnect between thought and action. At least once I KNOW he was wanting to go towards his sister. He was on his feet, looking at her, head down and wagging his little tail. You knew he intended to go bat at her or something. He starts moving... but it's BACKWARDS. He got so frustrated, trying to get  to her and ended up backing himself into a corner. The good news is, he can now walk forwards.

Anyway... catching up on all sorts of stuff, will get new pics and video up soon as I can, promise!

No comments: