1.01.2010

Happy New Year!

What an exciting way to start 2010,with my very first litter of Portuguese Podengo Pequeno puppies! Piper and Drummer are week 1 week old today. They continue to be VERY good puppies (maybe TOO good) and Fada is an excellent mother (maybe TOO excellent).

Since there is just the two of them, and Fada is such a doting mother, they never fuss. I think a little "fussing" is good for a puppy. Seriously, I know that sounds strange, but I think putting a few obstacles in life is good for a growing, learning puppy. Like fighting for a teat, getting knocked off occasionally, having to crawl over and around other puppies, and generally learning to overcome life's little inconveniences. I would like to see them moving around more and not QUITE as "round" .

These two are more like singleton pups I've raised; spoiled and pampered. I think I am going to work on getting them together with some of the Border Collie puppies a bit more. THAT should knock them down a peg or two. : )

REALLY Have to work today, but will try to get some more pics up.

Hope everyone has a great day to start off the new year!

No comments: