1.13.2010

Spry's running contacts - good practice last night!

I had a small amount of time to practice contacts before and after a lesson I was giving last night.

I worked with Spry on the 16" table. At first, just the DW board, but at the end I did a few reps with the tunnel leading into the table. I will post vids later but for my reference, here's a rundown of how it went. Not too many reps - but keeping it short is very good for her.

1 - hit box w/3 paws
2 - hit box w/3 paws but had a HUGE leap into the box that I didn't like, didn't reward
3 - 3 paws, 1 rear paw tried to hit but fell off side so almost 4 paws
4 - 1 paw, no reward
5 - 3 paws
6 - tunnel to DW - miss, but i rewarded (oops)
7 - tunnel to DW - 1 or 2 paws. i think I rewarded this one too - oops :(

Unfortunately had to stop there bc of someone coming in the building, which distracted her. so we clearly need to work on coming from the tunnel! She is so fast, and I'm having a blast working this.

Did a few AFs for kicks. This is the 2nd time she's ever been on the frame, the first time was just to familiarize her with the obstacle and how to get herself over it.

AF set at 4'6"
1 - 4 paws but slow (thinking about it)
2 - 4 paws, good
3 - 4 paws, GREAT striding over apex and on downside
4 - 4 paws but slower/many strides
5 - 2 or 3 paws, good striding but hit too low.

Again had to quit there bc someone came in. I am very happy with her progres so far on the contacts. Can't wait to train again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You forgot to mention how she figured out the jumping thing after your last session!