12.16.2009

FANTASTIC Panic weekend!!

We competed at Pawsitve Partners this past weekend, in Indianapolis. I had a blast. I thought the courses were actually pretty tough, with some interesting angles. My goal for the weekend was to run hard and encourage Panic to do the same. I planned on getting her jazzed up with a ball before running, but she is used to getting cookies pre-run so wasn't so interested in the ball! But I did play with her and was getting her to play-fight and bark some at me. Overview: Q'd 5/7 (missed a gamble and a standard). Got USDAA Q #100 (and 101)! Now need only ONE gamble for ADCH :)

On Saturday, we started out with Jumpers. Panic had a great run, ran clean, 1st place and ran 6.2 YPS which I think is her fastest YPS in Jumpers to date. She still could leave out a stride or two though, so we'll keep working on that. I think I did a pretty good job of running hard, but there weren't a whole lot of places to open up.

Next up, Snooker. Only 3 reds, we did three 7s (Aframe). She broke her start which made the first frame kind of awkward, but we managed. Her frames were beautiful (except for the one in the close, which was VERY close), and when coming from a jump and she sees the frame, she REALLY speeds up and fully extends. This is what I want her to do for everything after I tell her, cueing extension! Got to work on it! Nice close, 1st place and SQ.

Then Gamblers... the one we REALLY need (came into the weekend needing 2 gambles for ADCH). Very nice opening, very fast. We got 40 opening points (1-3-5-7, 30 secs), which was good for most opening points in the class but didn't get the gamble :( I was just standing there waving my arms when she came out of a tunnel instead of showing her with motion where to go. bad mommy.

Last Saturday run, Standard. I don't remember it too well, but she ran nicely. A little slow getting to lay down, but she held it nicely once down. Q, 1st place.

Sunday
Standard - tough sequence where I really wasn't sure what to do, and I chose wrong :( She turned towards me out of the chute and the next jump was a 180 from the end of teh chute, but she came out of the chute just BARELY on the takeoff side, so when she turned, she got a runout. darn it. And a missed DW to boot :(

Gamblers - Beautiful opening, 1-2-3-5 35s opening, got 34 points which was again good for most opening points. GOT the gamble!! Woohoo!! What a good girl she was. Not that thrilled w/her contacts on this run though.

Snooker - went for four 7s (WP). She really did awesome, we've improved MUCH on being able to run by what I don't want her to take. She unfortunately popped out at the last pole on the first set, so we fixed, but got no points, and ended up a tiny bit short on time at the end so only got points through #6. I think if we'd not had that error we would have made it, but not sure of course. Overall very happy w/this run.

So all in all, a very successful weekend, and I was happy with my timing in gamblers, my speed, and Panic's speed as well. Can't wait for the next trial!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Congratulations! I hope that there are nice gambles at the BRAG trial (and at least 2 ADCH ribbons)