12.28.2009

Monday morning

What a wonderful way to start the week! There is just enough snow on the ground to be a pretty blanket, I had a wonderful Christmas; after all was said and done, and as restful a night as could be expected.

I am pretty bad about new babies. I sleep in the same room for at least a week to ten days. What that does is have me waking up every time someone squeaks. They are almost always okay, but every once in a while a pup is stuck under a mom and needs rescued. Okay, they would work it out on their own if I wasn't there, but I worry. It's what I do. : )

Fada and her little family are heading up to vet this morning. Drummer has rear dews that need to come off, so I'll have all off since we're going. Unfortunately I realized I have no Thuja to give the little ones, so I am just using an extra dose of the Fading Puppy remedy this morning for them. (the name is somewhat of a misnomer, it is NOT just for pups not thriving, but also as a preventive. All the babies have been getting it daily)

Last night went really well. Neat has settled in since her c-section yesterday. She's eating well and mothering. I'll weigh all pups when we get back from the vet today, try to get some pics and video of Drummer and Piper.

Today I get to start really enjoying all the puppies! Okay, I have to work too. I've been pretty slack the last week! My desk is mere feet from the babies though, so I get to watch everyone while I work. Is life good, or what?

No comments: