12.10.2009

Great trial, great training, hopefully another great trial this coming weekend!

Last weekend I had Fancy entered at the BRAG CPE trial. She did so well! I was really happy to see her running looking good and happy. She will be 13 Feb 27th so she is getting up there! She ran 12" Level 3 and got 2 Jumpers Qs and did well in Jackpot although no Qs (didn't even attempt on Sat bc there was an AFrame in the gamble, and she is done w/contact obstacles!) Miss Fancy was also quite pleased to be my "only dog" for the weekend. I wish I knew more back when I was running her! She was such a great, fast dog. We did pretty well together but I think really could have accomplished a lot. Oh well, we had fun anyway :)

Tuesday I had a truly awesome training session at the building. The kind that really, really makes me wish I could train/teach/trial full time. I started working Panic on the box for her DW contacts. It went really well, she got in about 2.5 seconds on the ground :) Also worked on getting her to extend and feel comfy taking off earlier, leaving out that itty bitty extra stride which slows her down BIG TIME. Went pretty well.

Spry worked on the box and forward focus on the tunnel. Again, some awesome improvement. We also worked 2rto on the DW board on the ground. She is getting purty darn good at it. Still can't decide for 100% sure if I will do stopped or running DW though!!! She is also kind of clumsy so we need to work on rear awareness.

Dude worked on being fast and happy on WPs and contacts. weaves went really well and we also worked on some entrances. Considering I've not taught him entrances pretty much at all, I was really pleased with what he already understands. worked on sprinting the DW and frame, went well! He was fully extended on the DW although still not as fast as I know he can go. Lastly, we worked on teeters. There were 3 set up next to eachother, 2 wooden and 1 aluminum and LOUD. Worked the 2 wooden with great success, moved on to the aluminum which he has never done there. To be expected the sound startled him, but he didn't flip out!! Did the wooden one a few more times, then the metal... he did it again even expecting the noise! I was so proud of him. These teeters were also totally fantastic, with him running nearly to the end and riding it down.

This weekend we're off to Pawsitive Partners in Indianapolis. Panic is running 2 Standard, 2 Snooker, 2 Gamb, and 1 Jumpers. Goal is to challenge myself to run hard and fast, not worrying so much about the two of us being perfect. Although, we do only need 2 gambles for ADCH and that would be OK too :)

No comments: