12.26.2009

Hungry Momma!

Before the whelping I had increased both girls to 3 meals/day, which has, of course continued for Fada since the birth.

She's been getting about double her normal amount of food each day, but starting last evening still seemed REALLY hungry! So starting today, we're adding a mid morning, and likely mid afternoon, snack. She just ate her oatmeal w/chicken broth eagerly, so I think we'll continue. According to Juliette Levy oats are good for milk production. And it sticks to your ribs! : )

Even Neat, who refused her breakfast, ate some oatmeal a bit ago. Have to run, Neat is whining, wants me back in the pen with her!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As I remember it after Helen was born, nursing a new baby really takes it out of you. I can't imagine nursing two. I wanted a full course meal every time she ate for the first few days. She ate about every two hours.